In the JLG’s first three years of partnership with Cone Elementary in 2013–2016, we provided:
- Over $170,000 through 37 community programs
- 5,646 bags of food through Backpack Beginnings
- 5,212 weekend meal kits through Out of the Garden
- Over 30,000 pounds of food at Peeler Rec Center through Out of the Garden’s Mobile Food Pantry
- More than 300 JLG members volunteering more than 2000 hours at Cone Elementary. On top of that, over 200 students graduated from the 12-week Raising a Reader program, 208 new books were purchased for the Media Center, and over 450 students were presented the USDA My Plate curriculum through Kids in the Kitchen two years in a row.