About Our Members
Through the League, women interested in empowering women and children in need can also develop their leadership potential and skills, while directly making an impact in the Greensboro community and making connections and friends along the way.
Membership in The Junior League of Greensboro is open to women of all races, religions, and national origins who share in our commitment to voluntarism. If you’re interested in making a difference in your community, developing your leadership potential, and want to surround yourself with an international organization of like-minded, motivated women, the Junior League of Greensboro is the organization for you.
We a Provisional course each year starting in late summer. To learn more about joining League, please contact Caroline Hacker (2017–2018 Membership Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Become a Member page.
Membership benefits include:
- Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations, and personal development
- Working with other women to create positive community change
- Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization
- Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues
Junior League membership is divided into levels:
- Provisional. Provisional members are new members who—for their first year of membership—are engaged in training established by the League to prepare them for effective community and League involvement.
- Active. Active members have completed Provisional training and justify Active membership by demonstrating volunteer service to the community and the League.
- Sustaining. Sustaining members are members have fulfilled the Active membership requirements and continue to support the League and its community.
- Emeritus. Emeritus membership may be granted to any Sustaining member who has reached the age of 80 years. Upon being granted emeritus membership, the member shall no longer have a dues requirement to the Junior League.